Tuesday, October 6, 2015

#DIY #Makeup #Cleansing #Wipes

Hi girls, we have all been lazy on certain days where it seems too much to cleanse your makeup and we just want to hit the bed right after a hectic day. For such days I always keep a set of makeup cleansing wipes with me so that I can get away with the detailed cleansing routine and cleanse the makeup right on my bed.
I normally use Pure Cleansing wipes and you can read their review here. I have used many other brands as well but personally find these best suiting to my skin. However, for a pack of about 25 wipes, it costs around 140-150 Rs. on different stores and on some stores even more than that. Anyhow I didnt consider this too much of an amount until I discovered that I can make my own cleansing wipes at a fraction of the cost. Plus those are mostly organic and use much of the natural products so the face is happier and cleaner without using much chemicals :) Isn't this amazing???

So lets get started. Here is what you need for these DIY makeup wipes:

diy, makeup, cleansing, wipes,
Items Required for your DIY Homemade Makeup Cleansing Wipes
  • A measuring cup [Optional]
  • Coconut Oil
  • Water [Better to have distilled/filtered/boiled water]
  • Tea Tree Oil [Optional]
  • Aloe Vera Gel/Serum [Optional]
  • Johnson's Baby Head to Toe Baby Wash [Optional, OR you can use any Kid body wash brand that you like] - I use this one as this is specially designed for no tears and since makeup wipes will be used for eye makeup these should be mild to the face and eyes.
  • Paper Towel [Not normal toilet tissue roll, you need something more thick and absorbent, use good quality paper towel]
  • Measuring Spoons [Or any spoons which suit you]
  • Container to keep paper wipes in
Please note that you can continue without having any of the optional items I have mentioned above, since I have made my wipes quite a few times now and I have been experimenting with stuff so I have added few more ingredients and enjoy trying out new of them.
Now as you have all the items on hand, lets get started with the whole process.


Now I will be taking up the water quantity to be about 250 ml so I will tell you measurements of the rest of the items accordingly. However, you will find out what better suits your skin yourself.


  1. Put 250-300ml water in your measuring cup
  2. Add 2 tablespoon of pure coconut oil in your cup
  3. Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera serum/gel in your cup
  4. Add 1.5 tablespoon of Johnson's baby head to toe body wash
  5. Mix well
  6. If desired, put the mixture in microwave for 30 seconds. This is useful if the coconut oil is frozen due to winters. Heating will help it to get dissolved in water in a better way.
  7. Once all the above is done and mixed well. Pour 2-3 drops of tea tree oil in the mixture. Tea tree oil helps your skin in combating acne or breakouts. You can skip it if you dont want it. Another advantage of using this tea tree oil in this mixture is its anti inflammatory properties which prevent creation of mold in the makeup wipes and is also good for the skin.
  8. Cut a paper towel in two or three halves (I use one paper towel three times so I cut it in three halves so that the other two halves can be used in the future)
  9. Get a container with cover which is big enough to hold the paper towel half in it
  10. Put your paper towel in it and remove the card board roll from inside.
  11. Pour your mixture on the paper towel roll on all the sides. Once you are done put the cover on the container and let it sit for a while
  12. After about 20-30 minutes turn the container upside down so that mixture is well spread on the whole roll
  13. TA-DA!!! You have your own set of makeup wipes available. These are almost 90% natural and at about 5% of the price you pay for the market cleansers and cleansing wipes 

Ever since I have learnt how to make these wipes, I have stopped using any other cleansers at all. This makes my skin happy and healthy.
For travelling, I have even made a travel friendly version of the same cleanser. You just put your mixture in a spray bottle and carry it around. When cleansing, spray it on a cotton round and clean your skin. Isn't it super cool!!!
Do you have any questions or comments? Feel free to post and let me know. If you want a video of the whole process do post in comments, I will post a video next time Ill make my wipes.

Related Articles